Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Midtones Returns! Plus Shin Kawasaki CD Release! July 7th!


The Midtones makes a mighty return!

From Shin Kawasaki:

well folks, here it is; after much experimentation, pursuit of perfection (and procrastination) - I am releasing my 1st solo effort. honestly, yet there’s still much room to improve, I believe that I managed to enclose a lot of different aspects of my musical interests in these tracks; some borrowed, some twisted and some improvised. it also showcases the amazing talents that I had the privilege of knowing over the course of 10 years that I lived, loved and grew old in this city of Los Angeles. it’s a kind of thank you note to the community that I was lucky enough to be a part of.

on July 7th, MidTones will make a comeback to its good ol’ 1st / 3rd Wednesdays routine. and I wanna invite you people to come out on a school night (I’M SORRY) to hang with me and the gang at Grand Star. in true MidTones spirit, I’m gonna invite the regulars and beyond to “jam” on some of the tunes included on the album. I am curious to see how these “constructed-inside-a-MacBook” grooves would be interpreted with a live ensemble…the night will also feature a special performance from ever-lovely MidTones Madeleines. the limited-run physical CDs will be available for you to purchase, which features an amazing drawing by Phloe!

2nd part of the night will be MidTones as we know it…we’ll open up and have people jam, dance and laugh (you can cry too) like we have legalized marijuana. you are welcome to bring friends who like jamming with new people, dancing to the music that ranges from Paranoid to My Funny Valentine. or Akon. maybe NOT Akon. don’t know. that’s a tough one.

FOR THOSE WHO CANNOT ATTEND due to geographical reason;
the album will be available for digital download AFTER the party,
I will let you know when it is!

Start Time:
Wednesday, July 7, 2010 at 9:00pm
End Time:
Thursday, July 8, 2010 at 1:00am
Location:
GrandStar Jazz Club
Street:
943 N.Broadway (Sun Mun Way)
City/Town:
Los Angeles, CA

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment...